Jokes.Net: Time for a Laugh
- The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few.
- BIble New Testament Matthew 37
- I made hay while the sun shone.
Now, if the harvest is over
Give me the bonus of laughter
- Sir John Betjeman 1906-.. 'The Last Laugh'
- While the earth remainth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.
- Bible Genesis 22
- Sure, I said, heav'n did not mean,
Where I reap thou shouldst but glean.
Lay thy sheafdown and come,
Share my harvest and my home.
- Thomas Hood 1797-1845
- Another age shall see the golden ear
Imbrown the slope, and nod on the parterre,
Deep harvests bury all his pride has plann'd,
And laughing Ceres re-assume the land.
- Alexander Pope 1688-1744 1.173
- Though placed in poorer soil, good seed can yet
Of its own nature bear a shining crop.
- Accius, Annales Bk. i sec. 105.
- You mustn't spit on the harvest, as Papa Noah said.
- Balzac, Les Paysans. Ch. iv.
- For now, the corn house filled, the harvest home,
Th' invited neighbors to the husking come;
A frolic scene, where work and mirth and play
Unite their charms to cheer the hours away.
- Joel Barlow, The Hasty Pudding
- And the ripe harvest of the new-mown hay
Gives it a sweet and wholesome odour.
- Cibber, Richard III. Act v, sc. 3
Harvest Quotes page 3
* * * * * AustralianMedia.com Family Network: * * * * *
Mens.Net | Womens.Net | Mothers.Net | Fathers.Net | Grandparents.Net |
Teenagers.Net | Santas.Net | EasterBunnys.Net | JackOLanterns.Net | FatherTimes.Net | StValentines.Net
HarvestFestivals.Net | BirthdayCelebrations.Net | ToothFairys.Net
© 2000 - present. Australian Media Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.