Jokes.Net: Time for a Laugh
- He that observeth the wind shall not sow; and he that regardeth the clouds shall not reap.
- Bible Old Testament Ecclesiastes xi, 4
- In the morning sow thy seed, and in the evening withhold not thine hand.
- Bible Old Testament Ecclesiastes xi, 6
- Harvest comes not every day, though it comes every year.
- Thomas Fuller Gnomologia No. 1799.
- Harvest will come, and then every farmer's rich.
- Thomas Fuller Gnomologia No. 1800.
- Ye have . . . made a long harvest for a little corn.
- John Heywood Proverbs Pt. i, ch. 12.
- Ye two . . . have made a long harvest of a little corn and have spent a great deal of money about a little matter.
- Nicholas Breton Works, ii, 12.
- But why . . . should I make so long a harvest of so little corn?
- Richardson Clarissa, Bk. iv, 175. A proverb meaning to be tedious about trifles.
- Fear not thta I shall mar so fair an harvest
By putting in my sickle ere 'tis ripe.
- John Home Douglas. Act iii, sc. 1.
- Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest.
Bible New Testament John, iv, 35
- Thou art a hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strewed.
- Bible New Testament Matthew, xxv, 24; Luke xix, 21.
- That is a harvest unsatisfactory to the husbandman.
- Ovid, Heroides. Epis, xiii, 1. 48.
- When corn is ripe 'tis time to reap.
- Martin Parker An Excellent New Medley
- Live within your harvest.
- Persius, Satires. Sat. vi, 1. 25.
Harvest Quotes page 4
* * * * * AustralianMedia.com Family Network: * * * * *
Mens.Net | Womens.Net | Mothers.Net | Fathers.Net | Grandparents.Net |
Teenagers.Net | Santas.Net | EasterBunnys.Net | JackOLanterns.Net | FatherTimes.Net | StValentines.Net
HarvestFestivals.Net | BirthdayCelebrations.Net | ToothFairys.Net
© 2000 - present. Australian Media Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.